How often do you pause to appreciate what Hashem has given us in life?
As I am becoming more observant, I appreciate things around me more. As I saw more of the world, I realized all the things I’d been given are not rights, but privileges.
We live in a world of war. Whether its war with guns and violence or a war within our own heads. We all face something in our lives. Whether it’s relationship struggles, losing someone, finances, job struggles anything we all have something.
Sometimes it’s easy to feel bad because you’re going through a rough time in life. However, Hashem doesn't give us more than we can't handle. Remember that no matter how bad your situation may seem, there are tens of thousands of things to be grateful for in life. Whatever challenges we are facing today is to get us to where we need to be.
Here are some things I am grateful for in my life :
- Hashem- Giving us life and Torah
- Life- Waking up and having another opportunity to seize the day
- My parents – there is no one like them
- My family – for being a part of my life experiences
- My friends – for being my companions/support in life
- My kids- for bringing tremendous joy into my life
- Challenges- for making me who I am
- Teachers – for their dedication and for passing down knowledge to children
- Happiness – to soak in the beauty of life
- Books – for adding wisdom into life
- My job – for having a source of living and the opportunity to teach
- Music – for lifting my spirits when I’m down and for filling my life with more love
- My home – For the roof over our heads, and a place to feel safe
- My partner – for being the one who understands everything I’ve been through and going through
- Kind strangers – for brightening up my days when I least expect it
- Mistakes – for helping me improve myself and become better
- Nature- spending time outside and appreciating Hashem's creation
- Honesty –Sometimes it’s hard and sometimes it hurts, but we all want it
- Animals – They make life interesting
- Gym- to keep me healthy
- Smile – It’s priceless to see people smiling and hear their laughter
- Candles -All the cozy candles and smells
- Restaurants- to fulfill my cravings
- Sunshine- to warm us up and appreciate the new day
- My car– to get me to the destination I need
- My Health- we take our health for granted and don't realize it till we are older
- Seasons- Every year I get to experience the flowers blooming, trees changing colors, snow, crunchy leaves, and all the plants being watered by the rain
- Growth -Living a life of faith and putting my knowledge and growth to use
- My Culture - I’m blessed to be a Buharian Jew
- Medicine - to heal us from pain and infections
- Language- to be able to speak more then one language
- Walking - being able to get around is more of a blessing than we realize
- Prayer - I find prayer to be comforting
- Internet -there’s a world of information available to us because of it
- Washer/ Dryers - We are privileged to have easy access to a washer and dryer
- Cameras - to capture all of the memories.
- Clothing/Dress/Skirts Makes us feel confident and beautiful
Video chatting -talking to relatives and friends who live far away
And last but not least
I am grateful for me!
For being who I am, who I was, and who I am becoming in this world.
“Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.”
Find your Emunah